We are a highly successful SaaS that specializes in business SMS and are seeking an experienced copywriter to create content that will rank well, help users immediately understand the value of our product, and persuade them to take the desired action.
Currently, TextMagic provides a popular SMS text messaging service used by businesses worldwide (USA, UK, Canada, and Australia). The tool makes it easy to send notifications, alerts, reminders, confirmations, and SMS marketing campaigns.
We already have tens of thousands of users, and there is a huge opportunity to expand our SaaS product portfolio to serve this cohort — and further grow our customer base.
That’s where you come in. This is an opportunity for an experienced full stack copywriter to create engaging copy for every stage of our users’ journey and deliver the brand’s value proposition in a clear and concise way.
- Plan, research, and create compelling and SEO-friendly content for our landing pages, free tool pages, and resource pages.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Create or improve micro-copy for our social media posts, paid ads, banners, buttons, navigation, CTAs, etc.
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure high editorial standards are met.
- Collaborate with creative, product, marketing, and legal to assess project needs and help with messaging.
- Add images and other forms of content to copy and source them appropriately.
- Perform competitor research to identify top-performing pages or keywords and apply their best practices into our content strategy.
- Adjust the text and wording according to the audience (buyer persona) and their stage in the marketing funnel.
- Optimize and A/B test different headlines and subheadings to convey our unique value proposition and encourage conversions.
- Promote brand consistency through writing style, tone, and voice.
- Add social proof (e.g. case-studies, reviews, statistics, quotes) strategically within your content to reaffirm our value proposition.
- Measure and report on the success of new content or content updates on an ongoing basis using relevant KPIs (e.g. increase in trials, sign-ups, etc.).
The ideal candidate should be:
- Search engine mindful: Able to craft their message around relevant keywords, incorporating SEO best practices like interlinks, headings and subheadings.
- Conversion focused: Aware of the fact that their content should fulfill a business goal; and persuade users to take action.
- Questions driven: Dedicated to creating content that educates our target audience by answering queries and solving client pain points.
- Engagement forward: Focused on crafting content that the audience will find interesting enough to read, mention, comment on or share.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. Strong educational background, preferably in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience. SaaS copywriting experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of CRO and SEO best practices.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and transform them into easy to understand content that solves user pain-points.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our target audience wants to consume and how to deliver it.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing content for the web.
- Comfortable using various content optimization tools (e.g. MarketMuse, SemRush Writing Assistant, Clickflow, Copy.AI, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics goal tracking, Google Search Console, and other CRO tools.
- Experience with the Wordpress dashboard is a plus.
- Results-driven individual.
- Highly-analytical and user-first mindset.
Why you’ll love it here
- We offer employees company share options to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
- Your friendly and responsive teammates are always there to help you with anything you need.
- We always provide room and opportunities to grow - on your own and with your teammates.
- We provide equipment and resources to support your growth, productivity, and wellbeing.
- You will always have the time to recharge and the flexibility to get your best work done.