Back-end developer (PHP 8, Symfony 6, PostgreSQL) (remote)
RemoteTallinn, Harjumaa, EstoniaEngineering
Hi, we are TextMagic’s development team.
TextMagic is an international SaaS technology company with a 20-year history. Our flagship product is an SMS messaging platform used worldwide (including the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia). This product makes it possible to send notifications, reminders, confirmations, and marketing campaigns via SMS. It has more than 50,000 active business users.
In addition, TextMagic is developing a vital new product — a customer engagement platform called Touchpoint. It is a sales, marketing, and customer support software package. Touchpoint enables businesses to integrate multiple communication channels (SMS, calls, email, messaging applications) into a single environment. Our software combines tools to find new customers and to sell to and support existing customers. It also provides a convenient reporting and analytics solution.
We are constantly growing and there are already more than 50 of us in Estonia, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and Montenegro. As a developer at TextMagic, you can work in a comfortable office or remotely.
The main technologies we use:
- PHP 8, Symfony 6, Codeception, PHPUnit, OpenAPI
- PostgreSQL 14, Memcached, ElasticSearch, ClickHouse
What you will do
- Develop new features and platform architecture.
- Design and build REST API.
- Integrate with third-party services using API.
- Refactoring and code optimization.
- Scale the project for increasing loads.
- Participate in the team’s product logic development.
- Undertake code reviews of other team members’ work.
- Optimize database queries.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with the technologies listed above.
- A clear understanding of the architecture of a web application and its separate components.
- An understanding of how the HTTP request lifecycle works.
- Experience in building REST API.
- An understanding of the principles of SOLID and OOP.
- Experience in creating high-load systems in conditions of zero downtime.
- An understanding of how to build efficient, scalable database architecture. Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL (writing complex queries; understanding EXPLAIN; optimizing slow queries without changing the database structure; changing schemas of large tables without downtime, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of NoSQL, ElasticSearch, NATS, Rust, ClickHouse, and of working at telecommunication companies is desirable.
- The main language of communication in the team is Russian. Project documentation - in English.
We do our best to ensure that there are no errors in the application. In our work, we adhere to TDD and DDD. Not one single task ever goes live without test coverage. We will expect you to take a similarly thorough and exacting attitude to tasks.
What we can offer:
- A motivation program, in the form of company share options.
- Flexible hours for an optimal work-life balance.
- Any equipment you need for productive work.
- A project on a fresh technology stack with no legacy.
- The opportunity to bring your vision to the project.
- Cozy office in the city center, or remote working.
- Daily lunches at TextMagic’s expense (when working at the office).
- A professional and friendly team, ready to help you.
- Paid vacation (28 calendar days a year).